Thursday 28 January 2016

LIC AAO | IBPS SO | REASONING QUIZ - 11


Directions: (Questions 1-5) In the question below there are four statements followed by three conclusions I, II & III. You have to take the four given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the four statements disregarding commonly known facts.


1.Statements:
 Some A are F
 Some F are S
 All S are B
 No B is T

Conclusions:
I. At least some F are B
II. No F is B
III. All S being T is a possibility

Options:
a. Either I or II follows
b. I and III follow
c. Either I or II and III follow
d. All I, II and III follow
e. Only I follows

2.Statements:
 Some A are B
 Some B are C
 All C are D
 Some C are E

Conclusions:
I. No A is C
II. Some B are definitely D
III. All E being D is a possibility

Options:
a. I and II follow
b. II and III follow
c. I and III follow
d. All follow
e. None follows

3.Statements:
 Some birds chirp
 All who chirp are animals
 No animal is human being
 All human beings have brain

Conclusions:
I. All brains are with animals
II. At least some birds are animals
III. Human beings do not chirp at all

Options:
a. Only I follows
b. Only II follows
c. Only III follows
d. II and III follow
e. None of these

4.Statements:
 Some earth are moon
 All moons are mars
 Some mars are planets
 All planets are Universe

Conclusions:
I. No earth being mars is a possibility
II. Some moons are definitely planets
III. All mars are Universe 

Options:
a. I and II follow
b. II and III follow
c. All, I, II and III follow
d. None follows
e. None of these

5.Statements:
 All chairs are tables
 All tables are couches
 Some couches are furniture
 Some furniture is made from wood

Conclusions:
I. At least some tables are furniture
II. No wood is couch
III. All chairs being furniture is a possibility

Options:
a. None follows
b. Only I follows
c. I and II follow
d. Only III follows
e. None of these

Directions: (Questions: 6-10) Mark your answer one of the following options:
a)     If the data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.

b)     If the data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.

c)     If the data either in statement I alone or statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.

d)     If the data in statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.

e)     If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.

6.Among Preet, Kanishka, Ruhi, Sanvi and Tanvi, who is the heaviest?

I. Preet is heavier than Kanishka. Tanvi is not the heaviest.
II. Ruhi is heavier than Preet. Sanvi is not the heaviest.

7. In which direction is Eshaan standing with reference to Sumit?

I. Deepak is standing to the east of Eshaan. Eshaan is standing to the south of Farhan.
II. Farhan is standing to the north-west of Sumit. Deepak is standing to the north of Sumit.

8.In which month of the year did Manish sit for an examination for RBI Grade B?

I. Manish correctly remembers that he sat for the examination in first half of the year.
II. Manish’s father correctly remembers that Manish sat for the exam after 31st March but before 1st May.

9.On which day of the week was Brijesh’s son born?

I. Brijesh correctly remembers that his son was born on the day after Tuesday, but before Thursday of the same week.
II. Brijesh’s wife correctly remembers that Brijesh’s son was born on the third 

10.How many marks did Jyoti score in the test(Maximum marks 25)?

I. Jyoti scored marks in two digits. Her marks were not in decimals.
II. Jyoti scored more than 15 marks in the test.

# Answers...
1.e
2.b
3.d
4.d
5.d
6.e
7.e
8.b
9.c
10.d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.